HCS Business Partner
Professional Wound Specialists
A comprehensive wound specialty group that focuses on setting standards in wound healing through the integration of multiple specialties and utilizing advanced modalities in a team approach.
Our specialties include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Podiatry, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Associates. We are a comprehensive wound group partnering with medical organizations to provide standard-defining treatment systems with a cost-effective mindset to heal wounds.
Professional Wound Specialists is in California, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.
Set up In-Service with Dr. Wu and Associates, then schedule an on-site assessment by Surgeon-MD-PA-NP with qualified non-healing wound patients at no cost to your home health agency.
PWS provides comprehensive wound care through 4 uniquely designed programs
Traditional Wound Healing
Advanced Wound Healing
Skin Evaluation and Management
Benefits for Organizations
- The facility will never be billed by their group. PWS bills on Medicare Part B of the patient’s insurance.
- Referrals should be based on the patient’s need rather than their insurance. If there is a wound/skin disorder on the patient, they will manage it regardless of payment. Every patient in your facility deserves the same level of care.
- A good team is a knowledgeable team. Wound education will be provided to the nursing staff.
- PWS is on-call for urgent needs and can perform telemedicine when required.
- PWS works with your organization to create a cost-effective system.
- PWS communicates with other physicians regarding their patient’s care and condition.
- PWS practices defensive documentation
- After discharge from facilities, the patient will go home with treatment plans and if needed, home visits by one of their practitioners.
Benefits for Patients
- PWS provides weekly evaluations/management of wound rounds to optimize wound healing.
- PWS services are completely covered by insurance. The patient can rest assured that they will not receive a hefty bill from our office.
- PWS manages compliance with follow-ups by coming to the patients. Transportation can be costly and time-consuming. Their methods of bedside treatments have been shown to reduce healing times and infection rates.
- Procedures are mostly performed bedside.
- Using the Professional Wound Specialists’ wound delivery system, they tailor the treatments according to each individual patient’s needs.
Dr. Ming-Wei Wu
Dr. Wu grew up in San Marino in Southern California and went to college at UC San Diego and Western University for medical school. He later did his surgical residency at St. John’s Hospital in Queens New York City and his laparoscopic and bariatric fellowship at Harrisburg, PA. He married Dr. Julie Wu and moved to Las Vegas in 2005. They have 2 sons and 2 daughters.
Dr. Wu keeps himself on the cutting edge of wound care. He lectures at Touro University, trains residents from Valley Hospital, and speaks for over 9 pharmaceutical wound companies. He also lectures at conferences such as Superbones Superwounds, Desert Foot, and American Medical Integration. He also traveled internationally to lecture in Iceland and Taiwan.
Professional Wound Specialists’ mission was created by Dr. Wu. He built the practice with his firm belief in the mission. As the group practice grows, Dr. Wu is always striving to make the practice better. His goal is to bring a higher standard of wound care treatment to the community.