Updated on 01/22/2022
Visiting Nurse – Home Health and Hospice
Cypress, Long Beach, Signal Hill, Seal Beach, Carson, Lakewood, Los Alamitos, Bellflower, Artesia, Cerritos, CA
Registered nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place
of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the
direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing
- Supervised by and reports to the Director of Nursing
- Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and Aides
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in California.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his / her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family / significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Completes certification / recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his / her care.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 / ICD-10 codes.
- Pay from $60 to $135 per visit for Home Health
- Pay from $60 to $200 per visit (plus overtime pay for after normal business hours visits)
- Paid mileage per visit
- 401K with matching contribution up to 5%
- Sick – Vacation – Holiday Pay
- Up to 80% of health care insurance premium paid
- Shared sign on bonus with Synergy (Split to be determined by Synergy)
- 5K for 1 year, 10K for 2 year, and 15K for 3 year commitment.
- Not required to see active covid patients if uncomfortable
- Extra pay for seeing active COVID patients (Current census of active COVID patients is ZERO)